Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Teeda Dinner

Ok friends, it's time to try our first eating adventure...

I want to introduce friends to some of the more interesting restaurants I have discovered. The first is at a new Thai restaurant called Teeda. If this works, I'd like to lead a series of dinners to interesting restaurants mostly in Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan.

Teeda is located very close to my place, Schnack. The dinner I've arranged is set for Wednesday August 4th @ 8pm. I have eaten their
about 6 times and the food is very good. I've often asked for more authentic spices and spicy to sweet ratios and they have always accommodated me. I've asked for this dinner to be fairly authentic in taste without making it "way to spicy." If you are looking for mild spicy food, this dinner isn't for you. I'v e gotten to know the Chef
and I feel he will push himself to do a great job for this meal.

There are two choices of menus. They are otherwise fixed; everything (food, tip & tax) is included except drinks. There are two tasting menus; one including meat and seafood and one that is Vegan. Both are 5 courses and have the same dessert.

The regular menu is $26 and includes::

Fried Fish Cake. (Todd Man Pla, my favorite)
Tom Yum Shrimp
Sea Scallop with Panang Curry Sauce
Nuer Yang (thai steak) with spicy lime sauce
Thai custard with Ice Cream

The chef/owner promised truly vegan fare including no fish sauce, fish, etc.
The Veggie menu is $21 and includes:

Thai Spring Roll
Seared Veggie Dumplings
Tofu Veggie Soup
Sautéed Eggplant with salty yellow bean and chili.
Thai custard with Ice Cream

Teeda is located at 218 Columbia St, their # is (718) 643-2737.

If your interested in attending you need to reserve by sending a payment via www.PayPal.com to hhawk@yahoo.com for $26 or $21 for each regular or vegan menu. All reservations are final but transferable. If you have trouble using paypal I can send you a PayPal "invoice."

I'm not making any $$ on this adventure in fact I'm probably losing a few % due to the fee's that paypal charges. I'm paying for my own dinner.

/hawk

1 Comments:

At October 4, 2004 at 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read about you in the Daily News. This event sounded great and the food too. Hope you can do something in downtown NY or the lower east side. Looking forward to future postings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home